The monastery ruins located here was once part of the historical St. Stanislaus Seminary. It started as a log cabin residence and Indian School near the present intersection of Howdershell and Charbonier Roads in Florissant, Missouri. In 1840 the log cabins were replaced with a much larger four level stone building. The 1840 stone and other associated buildings still stand today and are currently used as the Gateway College of Evangelism. The property is now called the St. Stanislaus Conservation area. Odd unexplainable voices and strange unknown sounds have been reported here when visiting the old ruins.